By Dr. Tarachand Meshram, Homeopathy
Ear pain is a very common disorder in children, as their ears are not fully developed. Usually the ear ache occurs in only one ear; ear ache in both the ears is less common. The intensity of the ear pain can either fluctuate or be constant. If the cause of the ear ache is an infection, then temporary loss of hearing and fever can also accompany ear pain.
The causes and symptoms of ear pain are not going to be elaborated on, as that is beyond the scope of this article. The emphasis is on the simple remedies that you can use to treat ear pain. Some causes of ear pain are infection in the ear, accumulation of wax inside the ears, sinus infection and change of pressure in the ear.
What are the remedies for earache?
- Salt: Heat some salt and put it on a cloth, following which, the cloth should be sealed with a rubber band. Apply the warm cloth on your ear for a few minutes to get rid of the fluid; this should bring quick relief from the pain.
- Garlic: Garlic has strong antimicrobial properties which help in getting rid of harmful bacteria from the ears. It is also a well-known natural pain killer, so one can use garlic oil to get rid of ear pain.
- Apple cider vinegar: It also has strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which are effective in treating infections in the ear. You can also use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
- Warm water bottle: Applying heat to your ear can help reduce the pain and provide temporary relief. Heat application is also known to reduce bacterial infestation in the ear.
- Olive oil: This can work well if the cause of the ear ache is accumulation of infected ear wax. Too much ear wax can lead to fungal or bacterial infections in the ear, wherein the usage of olive oil is recommended. Olive oil has therapeutic properties which help in clearing up the ear wax, thus eliminating the ear infection.