By Dr. Nandini Sharma, Homeopathy
Are you suffering from an ear infection and seeking an ideal, side-effect free remedy? You should opt for homeopathic treatment, which is considered to be highly effective for treating several types of ear infections in the most natural way. Ear infections commonly affect your outer ear and the middle ear. This may be caused due to bacteria, virus and fungi. There are several homeopathic medicines, which are used for the treatment of ear infections. The most important ones are as follows:
Homeopathic medicines for ear infections and relieving acute ear pain
• Belladonna and Chamomilla are two effective homeopathic medicines that are used for relieving acute pain due to ear infection.
• Belladonna is used when there is a marked sensitivity and pain in the ears. The pain is throbbing, pulsating, and quite severe in nature. This medicine is commonly used when an ear infection is caused after a throat infection.
• On the other hand, Chamomilla is prescribed when the ear pain is stitching in nature. The ear ache tends to worsen with any kind of touch and pressure in the ears. Also, stoppage sensation is indicated. The patient may become angry and irritable because of the pain.
Homeopathic medicines for ear infections accompanied by ear discharges
• Pulsatilla, Kali mur, and Calcarea sulph are some effective homeopathic medicines that are used for treating ear infections when ear discharges are present in the patient.
• Kali mur is used when the discharge is white in color, while Calcarea sulph is used when the discharge is thick yellow. Pulsatilla is prescribed in case the ear discharge is green in color.
Homeopathic medicines for ear infections with pus discharge
• Silicea, Merc sol, and Hepar sulph are some common homeopathic medicines that treat ear infections where pus discharges are experienced.
• Silicea and Hepar sulph are excellent for aiding in the absorption of pus.
• Merc sol is used when there is presence of blood along with pus discharge.
Homeopathic medicines for ear infections accompanied by offensive ear discharges
• Tellurium and Psorinum are ideal homeopathic medicines that treat ear infections in which a patient experiences offensive ear discharge.
• Psorinum is effective when the discharge is offensive and putrid. It is brownish in color, and extreme itching is indicated in the ear.
• Tellurium is prescribed when there is acrid and offensive ear discharge. The discharge has a fishy odor and is highly irritating to the patient.
Homeopathic medicines for ear infections along with fever
• Hepar sulph and Belladonna are also used in case of ear infections accompanied with fever.
• Belladonna is used in the case of high fever, and Hepar sulph is beneficial for ear infections accompanied by pus discharge and fever.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting to take homeopathic medicines for dealing with ear infections.