By Dr. Feroz Khan, Cosmetic Physician
If you wish to look younger, you can rely on Botox injections. They are safe and don’t have any long term side effects. From reducing excessive sweating to having a wrinkle-free skin, Botox has many benefits for its user. Botox was used for cosmetic purposes for the first time in 1989. It is obtained from bacteria known as Clostridium Botulinum. This microbe is dangerous if eaten by an individual. However, it works wonder in making you look younger and fresher, even in her mid-age. Here are the top five benefits of using Botox injections:
- Say goodbye to wrinkles: As we make facial expressions or movements, our muscles contract and later come back to their normal position. This leads to the formation of wrinkles. As we grow old, we are left with various wrinkles, outlines, crow’s feet and frown lines on our face due to years of facial movements. Application of Botox injections causes the wrinkles to vanish. The result of one injection may last for some three to four months.
- Reduces migranes and sweating: It has been noticed that Botox provides relief from migranes. Doctors are still unsure about the exact reason behind such phenomenon. However, a few doctors believe that Botox drug leads to the blockage of the sensory nerve endings. These are carriers of pain messages to the brain. It also relaxes the muscles. Thus, migrane pain is reduced. It can be used for treating excessive sweating problem or hyperhidrosis of the axilla, groin, forehead, and inguinal crease. The drug stops the release of acetylcholine at the point where two nerves meet or synapse. Thus, the message for sweating is not sent to the brain.
- Confidence booster: It makes you more confident than before and gifts you a positive mood and frame of mind. As you look younger and beautiful, your confidence gets a major boost.
- Treating spasms: It is quite useful in treating any form of muscle spasm. Initially, it was used for blepharospasm, or eye muscle twitching. Now a days, it is being used for treatment of children suffering from CP. It helps in contraction of muscles and cures neck spasms as well.
- Effective results: It gives quick and lasting results. It takes 10 minutes to inject Botox. Thereafter, the results can be noticed within a few days. The result of Botox remains for a longer period than other beauty treatments.