February 20, 2017
By Dr. Surjeet Kaur , Trichology
Very few of us know how to eat right. Gorging on junk food leaves your body wanting for various important minerals and Vitamins. This makes the body prone to various diseases and illnesses. Eating right is important to allow the body to receive nutrition properly.
Eat right, with these simple Ayurvedic tips at your disposal!
- Include Vegetables and Fruits in Your Diet: It is essential to include fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in Vitamins and minerals that are essential for proper functioning of the body. Try getting at least three servings of vegetables and one serving of fruits on a daily basis to keep your body well nourished.
- Avoid Junk Food: This is one rule that you must strictly adhere to, consumption of junk food has been reported to increase the risk of diabetes and various heart diseases. Instead, opt for healthy food options that provide your body with proper nutrition.
- Consume Whole Grains: Eat whole grains instead of refined grains which tend to spike your blood sugar. Whole grains provide a steady stream of energy that keeps your blood sugar levels stable. For example, if you are planning to get yourself that sumptuous salmon sandwich, opt for brown bread instead of white.
- Include Seeds and Nuts in your Diet: Seeds and nuts contain heart healthy fats and protein which promote satiety. Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that are good for the wellbeing of your nervous system and skin. These fatty acids also tend to keep your heart in good shape. Pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds are some options that you can look to include in your platter regularly.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drink at least 2-3 liters of water on a regular basis to keep your body well hydrated. Dehydration can lead to fatigue and make you prone to several viral infections.