By Dr. R.K. Joshi, Homeopathy
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This in turn leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help in convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles:
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
1) Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
2) Exercise regularly
3) Avoid laxatives
4) Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
5) Drink plenty of water
Homeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
1) Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding due to piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
2) Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
3) Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
4) Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.