By Dr. Amol Bamane , Ayurveda
HIV is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Unprotected sexual intercourse is the primary reason behind this disorder. The virus also tends to spread by sharing the same needle that was once used by the infected person. It can also spread from the infected mother to the newborn at the time of breastfeeding.
Once diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, the immune system weakens and becomes vulnerable to other serious medical conditions. AIDS is the final stage of the HIV infection that takes about 7 to 10 years in order to develop fully. In its advanced stages, this condition destroys one’s immune system completely, thereby rendering the individual susceptible to fatal diseases such as different types of cancers and other viral infections that can worsen with time.
Ayurveda and AIDS-
According to Ayurveda, the symptoms of AIDS (inflammation of the lymph nodes, rapid weight loss, loss of appetite, severe headache, persistent exhaustion and fatigue and high fever) co-relate with ‘Kshaya’ that denotes severe energy loss owing to the impaired immune system. Ayurvedic remedies rejuvenate the immune system of the body and also aim to restore lost energy by eliminating ‘ama’ or toxins from the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for HIV/AIDS are as follows:
- You should follow a dietary regime that is devoid of any spicy or oily food. It is also advisable to include Ghee in your regular diet as ghee initiates the removal of toxins from the body.
- You can consume a mixture of Triphala powder and water daily to keep a check on the digestive issues that might be common as a result of HIV.
- Prescribed consumption of the ‘Ashwagandha’ herb on a regular basis might help to regain the lost composure of the body. This herb can also be beneficial in restoring the normal weight.
- Consuming 2 to 3 tablespoons of ‘Chyawanprash’ daily in the morning can contribute to muscle building and help in lowering the bad cholesterol and blood sugar levels of the body. This Ayurvedic concoction made of gooseberry and 35 other herbs can also help improve immunity and digestive processes of the body.
- Regulated consumption of a tonic made up of the mineral ‘Shilajit’ can effectively cure the symptoms of HIV.